Oct 4, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around the league ahead of Saturday’s matchups.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Brandon Lawrence of The Sports Network provides a Week 6 preview that offers an inside look at Saturday’s showdown between nationally-ranked New Hampshire and Towson.
- According to Jennifer Gish of the Albany Times Union, UAlbany head coach Bob Ford’s legacy is enduring despite several tough losses.
- Kevin Tresolini of the Wilmington News Journal covers Delaware assistant coach and Maine alum Dennis Dottin-Carter’s homecoming in Orono on Saturday.
- Tresolini also previews UD’s bear of a challenge in Maine this weekend.
- Matthew Stoss of the Harrisonburg Daily News-Record talks with Great Danes head coach Bob Ford about the transition to CAA Football ahead of Saturday’s matchup with James Madison.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily News highlights how Maine senior John Ebeling’s versatility is paying dividends for the Black Bears.
- The Bangor Daily News’ Larry Mahoney looks at Maine alums’ $800,000 donation for a high-definition video board at Alfond Stadium.
- Allen Lessels of the New Hampshire Union Leader describes how UNH is out of the frying pan and into the fire as it travels to No. 2/3 Towson on Saturday.
- Rhode Island released its Fans’ Choice Rhody Grand Team this week, comprising 50 of the greatest players in program history, ahead of the Rams’ 1,000th game to be played on Saturday at Brown.
- With the Spiders in their open week, the Richmond Times-Dispatch’s John O’Connor offers some notes on Richmond’s loss to Maine last weekend.
- Newsday’s Greg Logan spoke with several Stony Brook players about a team with its sights still fully set on the postseason.
- Don Markus of the Baltimore Sun examines how Towson’s success is helping change perceptions of football in Maryland.
- The Sun’s Edward Lee talked with UNH head coach Sean McDonnell about Tiger senior QB Peter Athens, who he says is extending the success of his predecessor.
- Marc Narducci of the Philadelphia Inquirer notes that Villanova’s defense has stepped it up over the past two weeks.
- Chris Lane of SB Nation’s VU Hoops highlights the three keys necessary for a Nova win over William & Mary this weekend.
- Tim Pearrell of the Richmond Times-Dispatch looks at how Tribe sophomore Mikal Abdul-Saboor is fulfilling his projection as a running back.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league’s weekly This Week in CAA Football studio show looks at the week that was and previews all of this weekend’s action.
- CAA Football’s Bobby Broyles joined Greg Burton of Richmond’s ESPN 950 to talk about Saturday’s conference contests.
- The league visited Newark for the Delaware/JMU game this past week and came away with plenty of On Campus coverage, including an athletic facilities tour, highlights, interviews and more.
- This week’s CAA Football Going Deep webisode features Delaware TE Ryan Cobb, who has earned a spot on the 2013 AFCA Good Works Team on the heels of a kind heart and countless hours of service.
- CAA Football honored four players of the week on Monday following their standout Week 5 performances.
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Richmond
- CAA Partners With CBS Sports Digital
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Rhode Island
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - UNH
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Maine
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - JMU
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Elon
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Delaware
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - UAlbany
- Four Teams Ranked In FCS Coaches Top 25 Poll