Oct 11, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around the league ahead of Saturday’s matchups.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Craig Haley of The Sports Network highlights Saturday’s Villanova/Towson game showcasing the first two Jerry Rice Award Winners (Towson’s West, Nova’s Robertson).
- The Sports Network’s Brandon Lawrence previews each of the week’s Top 25 matchups, including four from around CAA Football.
- Jason Wolf of the Wilmington News Journal reports that former Delaware CB Marcus Burley has been added to the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad.
- Andy Walter of the Delaware State News looks at how the Blue Hens will attempt to regroup against UAlbany on Saturday.
- CSN Washington recently featured James Madison junior safety Titus Till as part of its Friday Night Feature series.
- Matthew Stoss of the Harrisonburg Daily News-Record examines Richmond’s pass and rushing attacks ahead of the Spiders’ game at JMU.
- Roger Gonzalez of The News Virginian provides a few quotes that JMU head coach Mickey Matthews fielded from the media on Monday.
- Glenn Jordan of the Portland Press Herald covers Maine’s fast start, which comes despite losses to graduation and injury.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily News breaks down a Black Bears squad now in full stride as it hits its open week this week.
- Allen Lessels of the New Hampshire Union Leader notes that UNH kept its streak of consecutive weeks ranked alive despite last week’s loss to Towson.
- Al Pike of the Foster’s Daily Democrat describes the Wildcats’ welcomed return home to Durham this weekend.
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch highlights a pair of walk-ons who have bolstered the Spiders’ kicking game this season.
- Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun analyzes the dual-threat challenge that Villanova QB John Robertson will present Towson.
- The Sun’s Lee also offers a few quotes from Towson head coach Rob Ambrose and Nova head coach Andy Talley ahead of Saturday’s nationally-televised tilt.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Mike Jensen explains how Wildcats QB John Robertson is continuing to find his stride.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation’s VU Hoops blog brings us a preview of Villanova’s matchup with unbeaten Towson.
- Dave Fairbank of the Daily Press examines William & Mary QB Michael Graham’s concussion after talking with head coach Jimmye Laycock.
- Fairbank also profiles Tribe LB and South Africa native Quincey September, who has quickly adapted to the game of football.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league’s weekly This Week in CAA Football studio show looks at the week that was and previews all of this weekend’s action.
- CAA Football’s Bobby Broyles joined Greg Burton of Richmond’s ESPN 950 to talk about Saturday’s conference contests.
- The league visited Orono for the Delaware/Maine game this past week and came away with plenty of On Campus coverage, including highlights, interviews and a campus tour.
- This week’s CAA Football Going Deep webisode features Maine OL Tyler Patterson, who has made great efforts to do his home state proud.
- Part one of a two-part bonus Going Deep feature this week looks at Richmond DL Jacob Pierce, who is the very definition of “student-athlete.”
- Two league rookies in Maine LB Christophe Mulumba and JMU LB Gage Steele have been selected to The Sports Network’s Jerry Rice Award Watch List.
- CAA Football honored four players of the week on Monday following their standout Week 7 performances.
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship
- National Early Signing Day
- Five CAAFB Players On AFCA All-America Squad
- This Week In CAA Football - Going Back To Frisco