Oct 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around the league ahead of Saturday’s matchups.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Brandon Lawrence of The Sports Network provides a Week 8 preview that offers a look back at Villanova’s victory over Towson last week.
- Kevin Tresolini of the Wilmington News Journal breaks down Delaware’s approach to its open week.
- Andy Walter of the Delaware State News looks at a Blue Hens team continuing to find itself under first-year head coach Dave Brock.
- Roger Gonzalez of The News Virginian explores the emergence of James Madison transfer WR Quintin Hunter.
- Matthew Stoss of the Harrisonburg Daily News-Record writes that JMU enters its open week in a good position ahead of a tough second-half stretch.
- Glenn Jordan of the Portland Press Herald examines the play and leadership style of Maine QB Marcus Wasilewski, who has become a true student of the game.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily News profiles a reconfigured Maine offensive line that has proven key to the program’s early-season success.
- Allen Lessels of the New Hampshire Union Leader previews Villanova’s visit to UNH during what will be a big weekend in Durham.
- Al Pike of the Foster’s Daily Democrat covers a New Hampshire squad looking to build on last week’s success against Rhode Island.
- Greg Logan of Newsday looks at a Stony Brook defense that has been pivotal in each of the team’s three wins this season.
- Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun discusses the test that Towson will face in Saturday’s showdown with UAlbany and RB Omar Osbourne.
- The Sun’s Lee also notes that the Tigers’ first loss now lifts the pressure of achieving a perfect season.
- Matt Hamilton of The Towerlight covers a Towson team now aiming to rebound following last week’s loss to Villanova.
- Chris Lane of SB Nation’s VU Hoops highlights Nova’s three keys to knocking off New Hampshire.
- John Harvey of the Virginia Gazette looks at how RB Mikal Abdul-Saboor is carrying the load for William & Mary this season.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league’s weekly This Week in CAA Football studio show looks at the week that was and previews all of this weekend’s action.
- CAA Football visited Harrisonburg for the Richmond/JMU game this past week and came away with plenty of On Campus coverage, including highlights, interviews and a campus tour.
- This week’s CAA Football Going Deep webisode features the mentorship turned friendship that has developed between JMU standout LBs Stephon Robertson and Gage Steele.
- The league honored four players of the week on Monday following their Week 7 performances.
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship