Oct 25, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around the league ahead of Saturday’s matchups.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Brandon Lawrence of The Sports Network provides a preview of all four league matchups featuring ranked foes this weekend.
- Kevin Tresolini of the Wilmington News Journal examines Delaware senior DE Derrick Saulsberry’s healthy desire to excel after an injury-plagued early collegiate career.
- The News Journal’s Tresolini previews UD’s game against Rhode Island, a team that the Blue Hens will not be taking lightly on Saturday.
- Andy Walter of the Delaware State News looks at sophomore WR Jerell Harrison’s increased role with the Hens ahead of this weekend’s Rhody game.
- Matt Bittle of The Delaware Review features UD senior RB Andrew Pierce, who is closing in on the program’s all-time rushing record.
- Matthew Stoss of the Harrisonburg Daily News-Record gives us a closer look at James Madison first-year offensive coordinator Mike O’Cain.
- Roger Gonzalez of The News Virginian lists a few quotes that JMU head coach Mickey Matthews fielded from the media on Monday.
- Connor Drew of the JMU Breeze catches up with a rested Dukes’ squad ahead of their matchup with in-state foe William & Mary.
- Glenn Jordan of the Portland Press Herald looks at a Maine team that has learned a great deal from last season.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily News covers the emergence of high school QB turned Black Bears standout safety Jamal Clay.
- Bill Koch of the South County Independent highlights a Rhody squad that stood tall in its triumph over Richmond this past week.
- Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun covers a Towson team that will not be underestimating underachieving Richmond.
- The Sun’s Lee also looks at a Tiger running back corps that ranges beyond junior standout Terrance West.
- Mike Reilly of SB Nation’s VU Hoops breaks down the life of a scout team QB through the eyes of Villanova sophomore Cody Pittman.
- Jack Powers of The Flat Hat talks with a Tribe Football alum in his account of William & Mary’s Homecoming.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league’s weekly This Week in CAA Football studio show looks at the week that was and previews all of this weekend’s action.
- CAA Football’s Bobby Broyles joined Greg Burton of Richmond’s ESPN 950 to talk about Saturday’s conference contests.
- CAA Football visited Durham for the Villanova/New Hampshire game this past week and came away with plenty of On Campus coverage, including highlights, interviews and a campus tour.
- This week’s CAA Football Going Deep webisode features New Hampshire’s Roger Speidel, who hasn’t missed a regular-season Wildcats practice in seven years.
- The league honored five players of the week on Monday following their Week 8 performances.
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship
- National Early Signing Day
- Five CAAFB Players On AFCA All-America Squad
- This Week In CAA Football - Going Back To Frisco