Nov 1, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our first Friday Morning Tailgate of November, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around the league ahead of Saturday’s matchups.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Brandon Lawrence of The Sports Network provides a preview of all four league matchups featuring ranked foes this weekend.
- The Sports Network has added Villanova QB John Robertson to its Walter Payton Award Watch List, where he joins current member Terrance West of Towson.
- Kevin Tresolini of the Wilmington News Journal relates how Delaware’s attention has turned to Towson after returning to the nation’s Top 25.
- Matthew Stoss of the Harrisonburg Daily News-Record writes that James Madison, like Villanova, faces a must-win game on Saturday.
- Brian Carlton of The News Virginian lists a few quotes that JMU head coach Mickey Matthews fielded from the media on Monday.
- Connor Drew of the JMU Breeze discusses the Dukes’ approach to Saturday’s Villanova game, and the rest of the regular season, within the context of the postseason picture.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily News highlights Maine’s third-down success as a key to its drive to the playoffs.
- Glenn Jordan of the Portland Press Herald writes that while the Black Bears have cracked the nation’s Top 10, head coach Jack Cosgrove won’t be caught looking past Stony Brook.
- Allen Lessels of the New Hampshire Union Leader notes that the Wildcats now face a William & Mary team that’s proven a tough out in the series as of late.
- Al Pike of the Fosters Daily Democrat covers a UNH squad that has suddenly gained steam in CAA Football.
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch discusses how Spider rookie QB David Broadus got into the mix against Towson this past week.
- Greg Logan of Newsday notes how the CAA Football gauntlet has taken its toll on league newcomer Stony Brook.
- Newsday’s Logan also looks at Long Island native Dalton Crossan’s immediate impact on UNH in this his rookie season.
- Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun highlights how the Towson defense has displayed a propensity for converting turnovers into touchdowns.
- The Sun’s Lee also explores the role the Tigers’ offensive line has played in running back Terrance West’s immense success this season.
- Matt Hamilton of the Towson Towerlight takes a look back at the established rivalry between the Tigers and Delaware, which will be renewed this weekend.
- Jack Powers of The Flat Hat says that William & Mary is now back in gear heading into Saturday’s showdown with New Hampshire.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league’s weekly This Week in CAA Football studio show looks at the week that was and previews all of this weekend’s action.
- CAA Football’s Bobby Broyles made his weekly appearance on Richmond’s ESPN 950 to talk about Saturday’s conference contests.
- CAA Football visited Stony Brook for the Seawolves’ matchup with New Hampshire this past week and came away with plenty of On Campus coverage, including highlights, interviews and a campus tour.
- This week’s CAA Football Going Deep webisode features Stony Brook’s Joey Feminella, who has become both a consummate teammate and little brother within the Seawolves program.
- The league honored five players of the week on Monday following their Week 9 performances.
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game