Nov 8, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around the league ahead of Saturday’s matchups.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Brandon Lawrence of The Sports Network provides a preview of all three league matchups featuring ranked foes this weekend.
- Kevin Tresolini of the Wilmington News Journal covers the Blue Hens as they set their sights on yet another prolific opponent this weekend.
- The News Journal’s Tresolini also breaks down how Delaware QB Taylor Sasek turned last week’s opportunity into lore after leading the Hens to a huge win over Towson.
- Andy Walter of the Delaware State News notes that UD still has some work to do to down the stretch of the regular season.
- Matthew Stoss of the Harrisonburg Daily News-Record talks with James Madison LB Stephon Robertson, who not only dominates on defense, but also dabbles in the arts.
- Connor Drew of the JMU Breeze previews the Dukes as they look for their first road win on Saturday at New Hampshire.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily News explains how Maine’s mental toughness has afforded the Black Bears such success.
- Al Pike of the Foster’s Daily Democrat says that New Hampshire needs to win out to extend its streak of nine straight playoff appearances.
- Allen Lessels of the New Hampshire Union Leader also notes that the Wildcats have no room for error these next three weeks.
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch offers a few notes as the Spiders get set to play their second league newcomer in as many weeks.
- Former Richmond DB and current New York Giant Cooper Taylor recently sat down to talk with SpiderTV.
- Delaware and Towson student-athletes came together to support the Special Olympics as part of last week’s annual Pigskin Pass.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation’s VU Hoops provides a preview of Villanova’s visit to Rhode Island on Saturday.
- Chris Lane of VU Hoops gives three keys to a Villanova victory over Rhody.
- Dave Fairbank of the Daily Press discusses how William & Mary’s defensive tackles have helped power the program’s resurgence this fall.
- Former Tribe cornerback Billy Parker has been chosen as a Canadian Football League (CFL) East Division All-Star.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league’s This Week in CAA Football studio show looks at the week that was and previews all of this weekend’s action.
- CAA Football’s Bobby Broyles made his weekly appearance on Richmond’s ESPN 950 to talk about Saturday’s conference contests.
- CAA Football visited Towson for the Tigers’ matchup against Delaware this past week and came away with plenty of On Campus coverage, including highlights, interviews and a campus tour.
- This week’s CAA Football Going Deep webisode features Towson’s Arnold Farmer, who has helped set the standard with his leadership during his five years with the Tigers.
- The league honored four players of the week on Monday following their Week 10 performances.
- Four CAAFB Players Named Preseason All-Americans
- CAA Football Announces 2017 Schedule
- Five CAAFB Teams Ranked In Athlon Preseason Poll
- VU's Kpassagnon, Seaton Chosen In NFL Draft
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- National Signing Day Central
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Finale
- Houston Named AFCA FCS National Coach Of The Year
- #1 JMU Leads Four CAAFB Teams In Final Polls