Nov 22, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around the league ahead of Saturday’s matchups.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Brandon Lawrence of The Sports Network provides a preview of all three league matchups featuring ranked foes this weekend.
- Craig Haley of The Sports Network talks with James Madison athletic director Jeff Bourne about his position as FCS Playoff selection committee chair.
- The Sports Network’s Haley also profiles CAA Football’s two Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year finalists in Maine’s Jack Cosgrove and William & Mary’s Jimmye Laycock.
- Kevin Tresolini of the Wilmington News Journal says that Delaware is in the driver’s seat in controlling its playoff destiny.
- Matthew Stoss of the Harrisonburg Daily News-Record explores Towson running back Terrance West’s key role in the Tigers’ offense.
- Wayne Epps, Jr. of the JMU Breeze covers a Dukes squad looking to lock up a win in its regular-season finale.
- Larry Mahoney of the Bangor Daily News relates Maine rookie linebacker Christophe Mulumba’s unique journey to football.
- The Daily News’ Mahoney previews the Black Bears and what lies ahead as the league champs set their sights on Saturday’s showdown in Durham and the following week’s postseason appearance.
- Al Pike of the Foster’s Daily Democrat covers New Hampshire as the Wildcats get set to make their final postseason push against rival Maine.
- Tim O’Sullivan of the Concord Monitor previews UNH’s pivotal game against the Black Bears and looks at the legacy McDonnell has challenged the team to leave behind.
- Bill Koch of the South County Independent sits down with Rhode Island head coach Joe Trainer after he was released from the final year of his contract on Monday.
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch discusses Spider head coach Danny Rocco’s thoughts on rival William & Mary ahead of Saturday’s season-finale against the Tribe.
- Matt Hamilton of the Towson Towerlight offers his outlook on the Tigers’ postseason picture.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation’s VU Hoops previews the Battle of the Blue between rivals Villanova and Delaware at PPL Park.
- Paul Woody of the Richmond Times-Dispatch highlights the happiness and success that local product Jasper Coleman has found at William & Mary.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league’s This Week in CAA Football studio show looks at the week that was and previews all of this weekend’s action.
- CAA Football’s Bobby Broyles made his weekly appearance on Richmond’s ESPN 950 to talk about Saturday’s conference contests.
- CAA Football visited Williamsburg for the Tribe’s matchup against Towson this past week and came away with plenty of On Campus coverage, including highlights, interviews and a campus tour.
- This week’s CAA Football Going Deep webisode features William & Mary seniors and high school teammates Bryan Stinnie and Quincey September, who have continued to forge a bond that began with two very different paths to the game of football.
- The league honored four players of the week on Monday following their Week 12 performances.
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship