Nov 29, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around the league ahead of Saturday’s matchups.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Craig Haley of The Sports Network provides a A-to-Z preview of the FCS Playoffs (note S and W).
- Chris Lane of SB Nation breaks down the 2013 postseason field.
- Mark Singelais of the Albany Times-Union covers what was a fitting foe for head coach Bob Ford in his final game with the Great Danes.
- Kevin Tresolini of the Wilmington News Journal looks back on a number of close calls for Delaware this season.
- James Madison announced on Monday that it will not retain Mickey Matthews as head coach. 2014 conference member Elon also dismissed head coach Jason Swepson this week.
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch explores how JMU has addressed Matthews’ dismissal and program expectations moving forward.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily News notes how No. 5 seed Maine capitalized on this year’s expanded playoff field.
- Glenn Jordan of the Portland Press Herald looks at the leadership of Black Bears senior quarterback Marcus Wasilewski, who was named CAA Football’s Chuck Boone Leadership Award winner this week.
- Allen Lessels of the New Hampshire Union Leader highlights UNH’s high hopes for the team’s first home playoff games since 2005 on Saturday.
- Al Pike of the Fosters Daily Democrat writes about a Wildcats squad that is no stranger to the playoffs.
- The Daily Democrat’s Pike also breaks down what has become a much more consistent New Hampshire defense over the course of the season.
- Steve Craig of the Fosters Daily Democrat looks at “Money Mike” MacArthur’s impact on UNH’s kicking game.
- Greg Logan of Newsday covers Stony Brook head coach Chuck Priore’s win over mentor and former coach Bob Ford.
- Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun explains how Towson’s stunning loss to Delaware has sparked the team’s defense.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- Three CAA Football teams earned playoff berths for the second-consecutive year.
- CAA Football announced its all-conference honors this week, which included three all-league teams, six individual award honorees and the Chuck Boone Leadership Award winner. The league also honored its final four players of the week of the 2013 season on Monday.
- The league’s This Week in CAA Football studio show looks at the week that was and previews the conference’s upcoming postseason action.
- CAA Football visited Richmond for the Capital Cup clash between the Spiders and William & Mary this past week and came away with plenty of On Campus coverage, including highlights, interviews and a campus tour.
- This week’s CAA Football Going Deep webisode features Richmond senior captain Ben Edwards, who has displayed great positivity and resilience in the face of personal adversity this fall, with his Spiders mirroring his fight on the field to finish the season on a four-game winning streak.
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 11
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 11 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls