Dec 6, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around the league ahead of Saturday’s matchups.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- The Sports Network provides FCS Playoff second-round previews of Towson/Fordham and Maine/New Hampshire.
- The Sports Network announced that Towson running back Terrance West was named one of three finalists for the Walter Payton Award on Tuesday.
- Bradley Bess of the Richmond Times-Dispatch covers the announcement of James Madison’s Stephon Robertson winning the Dudley Award on Wednesday.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily News looks at the rare second chance that Maine now has against rival New Hampshire on Saturday.
- Eric Conrad of the Bangor Daily News notes the impact of Marcus Wasilewski’s father on the senior quarterback’s football career.
- The Daily News’ Eric Conrad explains how Wasilewski’s Coal Country roots and a strong football tradition back home have led to his success in Orono.
- The New England Football Writers’ Association honored Maine head coach Jack Cosgrove and five of Black Bears in addition to three New Hampshire standouts on Monday.
- Steve Solloway of the Portland Press Herald offers his take on why Maine’s first-ever home FCS Playoff game should matter to fans around the state.
- Allen Lessels of the New Hampshire Union Leader covers a UNH team that has already beaten Maine with its backs against the wall this fall.
- Al Pike of the Foster’s Daily Democrat discusses how the Wildcats now face another game that they must win to extend their season.
- The Daily Democrat’s Pike breaks down the growth of the UNH defense and how the Wildcats’ unit has continually pressured opposing quarterbacks.
- Pike also looks at how the Wildcats are embracing their latest opportunity amidst an impressive run to the FCS Playoffs.
- Tim O’Sullivan of the Concord Monitor explains how UNH’s defense has hit its stride at the right time.
- WPRI’s The Rhode Show welcomed Rhody senior Shomari Watts onto this week’s show to discuss his mentorship of Evan Huddon.
- Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun writes that Towson’s injury-riddled pass attack fails to phase standout running back Terrance West.
- Matt Hamilton of the Towson Towerlight provides a preview of the Tigers’ second-round contest against Fordham.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- Towson’s Terrance West has been named one of three finalists for the prestigious Walter Payton Award.
- The league’s This Week in CAA Football studio show looks back at New Hampshire’s dominant first-round FCS Playoff win and previews Saturday’s two matchups featuring league teams.
- CAA Football visited all 11 of our member schools’ campuses this fall. Find all of our On Campus coverage, including Going Deep features, campus tours, interviews and more on our official Every Day Is Saturday blog.
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship