Dec 13, 2013, 10:08 AM EST
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around the league ahead of this weekend’s matchups.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- The Sports Network provides FCS Quarterfinal previews of Towson/Eastern Illinois and New Hampshire/Southeastern Louisiana.
- Andrew Santillo of the Troy Record covers UAlbany’s hiring of Greg Gattuso as its new head coach and the new era that now begins following Bob Ford.
- Mark Singelais of the Albany Times Union reports on the Great Danes selecting Gattuso to succeed legendary coach Bob Ford.
- UAlbany Athletics has provided video footage of its press conference introducing Gattuso.
- New Elon head coach Rich Skrosky was introduced on Thursday as the Phoenix gets set to play its first season in CAA Football in 2014. Watch the press conference here.
- Matthew Stoss of the Harrisonburg Daily News-Record catches up with James Madison offensive coordinator Mike O’Cain in the program’s absence of a head football coach.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily News relates how Maine enjoyed Saturday’s big-game atmosphere despite a disappointing loss to rival New Hampshire.
- The Daily News’ Warner also notes how the Black Bears’ seniors led the program to a historic 10-3 season.
- Glenn Jordan of the Portland Press Herald writes that the Black Bears should be proud of this season, which includes their efforts both on and off the field.
- The Press Herald’s Mike Lowe suggests that former Maine tight end Matthew Mulligan may be seeing increased playing time with the New England Patriots.
- Maine head coach Jack Cosgrove was named AFCA FCS District 1 Co-Coach of the Year on Tuesday.
- Allen Lessels of the New Hampshire Union Leader explains how the Wildcats go from a familiar foe in Maine to a relative unknown in Southeastern Louisiana in Saturday’s FCS Quarterfinal.
- Al Pike of the Foster’s Daily Democrat covers the wild ride that still continues for the Wildcats.
- The Daily Democrat’s Pike talks with UNH offensive Coordinator Ryan Carty about the rhythm that the Wildcats have found on offense.
- Pike also breaks down the strides that UNH has made defensively, especially on big downs, as the squad seeks its first trip to the semifinals.
- Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun writes about Towson head coach Rob Ambrose’s high praise for his senior quarterback, Peter Athens.
- The Sun’s Lee explains how Tiger freshman running back Darius Victor is proving himself capable of filling in for junior standout Terrance West.
- Matt Hamilton of The Towerlight provides a preview of Towson’s first-ever trip to the quarterfinals against Eastern Illinois.
- Dave Fairbank of the Daily Press covers the release of William & Mary’s 2014 schedule.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league’s This Week in CAA Football studio show looks back at New Hampshire and Towson’s wins in the second round of the FCS Playoffs and previews the two teams’ quarterfinal contests this weekend.
- CAA Football’s weekly notes package featuring postseason notes, gameday storylines, standings, stats and more can be found on CAAFootball.com.
- CAA Football visited all 11 of our member schools’ campuses this fall. Find all of our On Campus coverage, including Going Deep features, campus tours, interviews and more on our official Every Day Is Saturday blog.
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 11