Dec 17, 2013, 12:30 AM EDT
The CAA Football crew traveled to Philadelphia for The Sports Network’s annual FCS Awards Banquet tonight, where Towson junior RB Terrance West was one of three finalists up for the organization’s Walter Payton Player of the Year Award. West, who won the Jerry Rice Freshman of the Year Award in 2011, would ultimately finish third in the voting behind Eastern Washington QB Vernon Adams and this year’s winner, Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garappolo.
We caught up with West and head coach Rob Ambrose before the banquet to discuss the Payton Award and the Tigers’ semifinal showdown at EWU on Saturday. Find their interviews below.
For The Sports Network’s official release, visit SportsNetwork.com.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls