Dec 20, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to the FCS Semifinals edition of our Friday Morning Tailgate series, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around the league ahead of this weekend’s two semifinal matchups featuring both New Hampshire and Towson.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- The Sports Network provides FCS Quarterfinal previews of New Hampshire/North Dakota State and Towson/Eastern Washington.
- Craig Larson of the Boston Globe previews the semifinal matchup between the Wildcats and top-seeded Bison.
- Allen Lessels of the New Hampshire Union Leader looks at how late heroics led UNH to its first-ever semifinal berth.
- The Union Leader’s Lessels says that the Wildcats will be forced to contend with the Fargodome noise on Friday.
- John Habib of the Union Leader describes New Hampshire natives Seamus O’Neill and Alexander Morrill as the “Granite Wall.”
- Al Pike of the Foster’s Daily Democrat explains how sophomore QB Sean Goldrich has led the Wildcats to the semifinals.
- The Daily Democrat’s Pike describes North Dakota State as a formidable foe and notes that communication will be key for the Wildcats in a hostile environment.
- Dave Kolpack of the Foster’s Daily Democrat discusses the similarities in style between the Wildcats and Bison.
- The Daily Democrat’s Mike Zhe shares UNH alums’ excitement about their team’s current run.
- The Concord Monitor’s Tim O’Sullivan calls the Wildcats’ matchup with two-time defending national champion NDSU as the “ultimate test.”
- The Monitor’s O’Sullivan also writes about the emotion and playmaking ability that senior safety Manny Asam brings to the Wildcats.
- Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun explains how a national title is much more important to Towson RB Terrance West than any individual awards.
- The Sun’s Lee also looks at how Tigers backup QB Connor Frasier’s versatility has allowed him to contribute in other ways this season.
- Matt Hamilton of The Towerlight previews Towson’s semifinal showdown with Eastern Washington on Saturday.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league’s This Week in CAA Football studio show looks back at New Hampshire and Towson’s quarterfinal wins of the FCS Playoffs and previews the two teams’ nationally-televised semifinals contests this weekend.
- CAA Football’s Bobby Broyles joined Greg Burton of Richmond’s ESPN 950 to talk about Saturday’s semifinal matchups.
- The conference’s weekly notes package featuring postseason notes, gameday storylines, standings, stats and more can be found on CAAFootball.com.
- League student-athletes were honored on the FCS ADA, Associated Press, The Sports Network and Walter Camp All-America teams this week.
- CAA Football visited all 11 of our member schools’ campuses this fall. Find all of our On Campus coverage, including Going Deep features, campus tours, interviews and more on our official Every Day Is Saturday blog.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls