Jan 10, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our first Friday Morning Tailgate of the 2014 offseason, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around CAA Football.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Wayne Epps, Jr. of the James Madison Breeze covers the Dukes’ introduction of new head coach Everett Withers on Tuesday.
- New JMU head coach Everett Withers added six assistants to his staff this week.
- Matthew Stoss of the Harrisonburg Daily News-Record describes the exciting offense that Withers hopes to usher in this coming season.
- New Hampshire head coach Sean McDonnell has been named the CaptainU 2013 FCS Football Coach of the Year.
- John Habib of the New Hampshire Union Leader discusses UNH’s No. 5 final ranking in both national polls.
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch says that Spider associate head coach Wayne Lineburg’s replacement could be found at next week’s AFCA Convention.
- Stony Brook and head coach Chuck Priore have reached an agreement on a contract that extends his tenure at SBU one additional year through the 2018 season.
- Towson and head coach Rob Ambrose agreed to a new contract that will extend Ambrose’s time at the helm of his alma mater through the 2020 season.
- Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun covers Ambrose’s contract extension.
- Towson RB Terrance West will forego his senior season and enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
- The Sun’s Lee looks at how Terrance West’s departure now gives Darius Victor a shot at the team’s leading role.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation’s VU Hoops reports that Villanova DL and special teams coach Roc Bellantoni has accepted a similar position at Florida Atlantic.
- William & Mary defensive coordinator Scott Boone has been selected as one of five finalists for FootballScoop FCS Coordinator of the Year.
- The Daily Press presents a photo gallery of William & Mary’s 2013 season.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league’s season finale of its This Week in CAA Football studio show series looks back at Towson’s trip to Frisco for the FCS Championship game, recaps the latest conference head coaching hires and looks ahead to the league’s upcoming coverage in the 2014 offseason.
- In a feature on the blog this week, our Tim McDonnell looks at the rise of Towson under head coach Rob Ambrose and how the Tigers left no doubt during their storied 2013 season.
- Two league seniors in Delaware’s Zach Kerr and Richmond’s Kerry Wynn have accepted invitations to play in the East-West Shrine Game on Jan. 18.
- CAA Football visited all 11 of our member schools’ campuses during the 2013 season. Find all of our On Campus coverage, including Going Deep features, campus tours, interviews and more on our official Every Day Is Saturday blog.
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game