Jan 17, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate of the 2014 offseason, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around CAA Football.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Mark Singelais of the Albany Times Union looks at the latest additions to new Great Danes head coach Greg Gattuso’s staff, which includes several familiar faces.
- Andrew Santillo of the Troy Record brings us video comments from Gattuso on Wednesday.
- Delaware alum and current Atlanta Falcons LB Paul Worrilow fields questions from fans during Thursday’s Blue Hens Lunch Break.
- New Elon head coach Rich Skrosky has now hired the majority of his coaching staff.
- Elon’s Skrosky has also added a pair of FBS transfers to the Phoenix’s roster for the 2014 season.
- James Madison has announced its 2014 schedule, which includes five home games at Bridgeforth Stadium.
- Wayne Epps, Jr., of the JMU Breeze writes that new Dukes head coach Everett Withers has officially begun his tenure in Harrisonburg.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily News covers Maine senior DB Kendall James’ NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and NFL Combine invitations.
- 2013 ECAC FCS Team of the Year Towson is ranked fifth in the Capital One Cup fall standings after finishing as the FCS runner-up this season.
- Villanova head coach Andy Talley announced the addition of former Rhode Island head coach Joe Trainer to his staff on Tuesday.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation’s VU Hoops covers Trainer’s return to Villanova.
- Craig Haley of The Sports Network writes that FCS senior showcase game participants will look to make the most of their appearances this month.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- A total of eight league seniors are set to appear in either the East-West Shrine Game or NFLPA Collegiate Bowl on Saturday.
- Five CAA Football players were selected as College Sporting News Fabulous Fifty All-Americans on Wednesday, with another five from the league receiving honorable mention honors.
- Tim McDonnell looks at the success that William & Mary senior OL Matt Crisafi has found both on and off the field during his time with the Tribe.
- CAA Football visited all 11 of our member schools’ campuses during the 2013 season. Find all of our On Campus coverage, including Going Deep features, campus tours, interviews and more on our official Every Day Is Saturday blog.
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 23
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16