Jan 20, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
A pair of CAA Football alums in Mike Adams and Paris Lenon are headed to Super Bowl XLVIII with the Denver Broncos. Denver will meet the Seattle Seahawks in the game, which will be held on Sunday, Feb. 2 at 6:30 p.m. ET at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., outside of New York City.
A 10-year NFL veteran safety, Adams led Delaware to the 2003 national championship. Now in his second year with Denver, he will make his first Super Bowl appearance after turning in four tackles in the Broncos’ 26-16 victory over New England in Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.
Lenon is a 12-year LB who joined the Broncos in 2013 after playing 189 games over a career that has also included stops in Green Bay, Detroit, St. Louis and Arizona. The Richmond alum added a solo tackle and helped hold the Patriots’ offense to just 320 total yards in Sunday’s win.
Photo Credit: Zimbio.com
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- National Signing Day Central
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Finale
- Houston Named AFCA FCS National Coach Of The Year
- #1 JMU Leads Four CAAFB Teams In Final Polls
- JMU Captures FCS National Championship
- This Week In CAA Football - Countdown To Kickoff
- This Week In CAA Football - Frisco Media Day
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship