Jan 20, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
A pair of CAA Football alums in Mike Adams and Paris Lenon are headed to Super Bowl XLVIII with the Denver Broncos. Denver will meet the Seattle Seahawks in the game, which will be held on Sunday, Feb. 2 at 6:30 p.m. ET at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., outside of New York City.
A 10-year NFL veteran safety, Adams led Delaware to the 2003 national championship. Now in his second year with Denver, he will make his first Super Bowl appearance after turning in four tackles in the Broncos’ 26-16 victory over New England in Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.
Lenon is a 12-year LB who joined the Broncos in 2013 after playing 189 games over a career that has also included stops in Green Bay, Detroit, St. Louis and Arizona. The Richmond alum added a solo tackle and helped hold the Patriots’ offense to just 320 total yards in Sunday’s win.
Photo Credit: Zimbio.com
- Elon's Cheek Named National Freshman Of The Week
- Record-Tying Seven CAA Teams In Top 25 Poll
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Oct. 23
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Oct. 23
- CAA Football Rewind - Oct. 21
- Mack, Messer Added To National Award Watch Lists
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 8 Preview
- CAAFB Has Six Ranked Teams In Latest Top 25 Poll
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Oct. 16
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Oct. 16