Jan 27, 2014, 3:41 PM EDT
An impressive list of 10 CAA Football student-athletes were named to the College Sports Journal (CSJ) 2013 FCS All-America Team on Monday, including Towson RB Terrance West as the organization’s Offensive Player of the Year. The league was also represented by another eight players who earned honorable mention accolades.
West was selected as CSJ’s Offensive Player of the Year on the heels of a season that solidified him as one of FCS history’s top running backs. The junior broke a host of records in 2013, including setting new FCS rushing records of 2,519 yards and 41 touchdowns. West was joined by four fellow Tigers on the list – the second-most of any team nationally – in sophomore FB Emmanuel Holder, senior CB Jordan Love, senior OL Eric Pike and junior CB Tye Smith. William & Mary senior safety Jerome Couplin, Delaware senior DL Zach Kerr, Maine senior CB Kendall James, Villanova sophomore QB John Robertson and James Madison senior LB Stephon Robertson round out the league’s 10-member list.
Another eight CAA Football upperclassmen were chosen as Honorable Mention All-Americans. Maine senior TE Justin Perillo joined Black Bears QB Marcus Wasilewski on the list, while Nova also had a pair of honorees in senior DL Rakim Cox and Antoine Lewis. Also earning designation were Towson LB Telvion Clark, W&M senior OL Matt Crisafi, New Hampshire junior WR R.J. Harris and JMU junior safety Dean Marlowe.
The 63 players on the CSJ All-America squad represent 63 scholarships at the FCS level, with the team being put together in such a way as to be a fully-functioning squad that features all offensive, defensive and special teams positions. There was also a group of 42 honorable mention selections to bring the total number of players on the team to 105, which matches the number of student-athletes that FCS teams are permitted on their rosters.
The CSJ All-America team was selected by a panel of FCS experts. For the complete team, please visit the organization’s website.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls