Jan 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate of the 2014 offseason, where we invite you to dig into the week’s clips from in and around CAA Football. Also, with National Signing Day coming up on Wednesday, Feb. 5, be on the lookout for comprehensive coverage across our digital platforms throughout the day.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Pete Iorizzo of the Albany Times Union explores UAlbany’s potential expansion plan for Bob Ford Field.
- Delaware announced its 12-game 2014 schedule on Tuesday, which includes an opener at Pitt and three nonconference home games.
- Kevin Tresolini of the Wilmington News Journal covers UD’s 2014 schedule release.
- Blue Hens alum and current Atlanta Falcons LB Paul Worrilow was selected to USA Today’s All-Joe Team.
- Elon head coach Rich Skrosky completed his staff with the addition of former Tufts University assistant Patrick Madden this week.
- Wayne Epps, Jr. of the JMU Breeze catches up with new Dukes co-offensive coordinators Andrew Mehringer and Brad Davis.
- Maine has released a highlight video that offers fans a look back at its historic 2013 season.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily News writes that the Black Bears’ latest Massachusetts commits add to the state’s growing presence in this year’s signing class.
- New Hampshire head coach Sean McDonnell and his Wildcats were honored by the state’s governor and senate on Thursday following a season that saw the program earn a berth in the FCS Semifinals.
- Rhode Island head coach Jim Fleming honored the 2013 Rams at the program’s annual year-end banquet.
- Frank Schwab of Yahoo! Sports covers Richmond alum Paris Lenon’s road from the XFL to Super Bowl XLVIII.
- Michael Phillips of the Richmond Times-Dispatch also chronicles Lenon’s journey to this weekend’s Super Bowl.
- The Virginia Sports Hall of Fame is set to induct former Spider great Lou Wacker in April.
- Matt Hamilton of the Towson Towerlight looks at how the Tigers are moving ahead with the same set of high expectations despite the loss of key players.
- The Philadelphia Sports Writers Association honored Villanova QB John Robertson at its 110th annual banquet on Monday.
- William & Mary head coach Jimmye Laycock and his Tribe presented 13 players with awards at the program’s annual year-end banquet on Sunday.
- Vinnie Iyer of The Sporting News writes that Tribe alum and current Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott has been chosen as its 2013 Coordinator of the Year.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- CAA Football alums Mike Adams of Delaware and Paris Lenon of Richmond are headed to Sunday’s Super Bowl with the Denver Broncos.
- An impressive list of 18 league student-athletes were named to the College Sports Journal’s 2013 All-America teams this week.
- CAA Football visited all 11 of our member schools’ campuses during the 2013 season. Find all of our On Campus coverage, including Going Deep features, campus tours, interviews and more on our official Every Day Is Saturday blog.
- Four CAAFB Players Named Preseason All-Americans
- CAA Football Announces 2017 Schedule
- Five CAAFB Teams Ranked In Athlon Preseason Poll
- VU's Kpassagnon, Seaton Chosen In NFL Draft
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- National Signing Day Central
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Finale
- Houston Named AFCA FCS National Coach Of The Year
- #1 JMU Leads Four CAAFB Teams In Final Polls