Aug 6, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
CAA Football had three more student-athletes added to the growing list of 2014 College Football Performance Awards (CFPA) FCS Awards Watch Lists nominees last week.
The three players — Kierre Brown of Elon, Nick Cefalo of New Hampshire and Poppy Livers of Villanova — were chosen among 34 FCS punt returners. All individuals are eligible for the organization’s award which will be announced in January of 2015 along with every other CFPA position-centered honor.
#CAAFB has had a cornucopia of players (57 total) named to these various CFPA watch lists.
Brown joins William & Mary’s Tre McBride as the only league players to hear their respective names called twice to two different CFPA watch lists. Brown was also named to the kick returner list, while McBride earned recognition for the wide receivers and kick returners list. Brown, a native of Charlotte, N.C., returned five punts last season for 109 yards and one TD.
Cefalo led the Wildcats with 13 punt returns last fall and totaled 126 return yards. His average per return was 9.7 yards, while he registered a career-high 86-yard punt return for a TD in the NCAA first round versus Lafayette.
Livers enters his senior season on the Main Line as one of Villanova’s top offensive weapons. He’s the team’s leading returning WR and also handles kick off duties. In 2013, Livers brought back eight punts and averaged 4.5 yards per return.
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 11