Aug 29, 2014, 9:36 AM EDT
Bryant 13, Stony Brook 7 (Thursday)
- Stony Brook’s offense struggled in the opener, writes Newsday.
Villanova at Syracuse, 7:30 p.m. (Friday – ESPN3)
- VU Hoops says the Villanova-Syracuse rivalry isn’t just about basketball.
- QB John Robertson is key to Nova’s success, writes Philly.com.
- Villanova is embracing a new attitude, says CSNPhilly.com.
- The Intelligencer notes that the Wildcats expect to improve in 2014.
Delaware at Pittsburgh, Noon (ESPN3)
- Delaware football is pumped to play on FBS stage, writes The News Journal.
- The News Journal also says the Hens’ captains recognize their important roles.
- Delaware Public Media believes Delaware will rely on youth in 2014.
- UD will blend old and new this season, according to the Delaware State News.
- QB Trent Hurley is preparing for a Pittsburgh homecoming, as told by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- The Newark Post says Hurley is hoping for big things in his third season.
- UD is up for the task of a rebuild, writes The News Journal.
James Madison at Maryland, 3:30 p.m. (Big Ten Network)
- The Baltimore Sun notes a pair of former Maryland players return to campus as members of James Madison’s roster.
- Maryland isn’t taking JMU lightly, says Inside MD Sports.
- Terrapin Station breaks down James Madison’s strengths and weaknesses.
- New JMU coach Everett Withers brings change to JMU, writes Northern Virginia Daily.
- Northern Virginia Daily writes that JMU LB Gage Steele remains hungry despite strong 2013.
William & Mary at Virginia Tech, 4 p.m. (ESPNews)
- William & Mary is confident and motivated headed into opener, writes the Daily Press.
- Gobbler County provides a scouting report of the Tribe.
Norfolk State at Maine, 6 p.m.
- The Bangor Daily News writes that freshman will be key for Maine in 2014.
- Norfolk State linebackers present a challenge to the Black Bears, says the Portland Press Herald.
- The Bangor Daily News notes that Maine beings its CAA Football title defense on Saturday.
- Maine will need a team effort in 2014, writes Fill The Steins.
- Dan Collins set to open season as Black Bears’ QB, notes The Bangor Daily News.
- WCSH6 writes that Maine can expect a defensive struggle.
Holy Cross at UAlbany, 6 p.m. (ESPN3)
- UAlbany is looking to take steps forward this season, writes The Times Union.
- The Times Union says RB Omar Osbourne is set for a big season.
- UAlbany’s offensive line is ready to get physical, writes The Troy Record
Morehead State at Richmond, 6 p.m.
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch says a bittersweet season is coming for UR’s Barnette twins.
- Richmond will likely be counting on improved depth in 2014, writes the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- WDBJ notes that UR is expected to use multiple quarterbacks this season.
Central Connecticut State at Towson, 6 p.m.
- Towson will rely heavily on its overhauled offensive line, according to The Baltimore Sun.
- The Towerlight writes that TU is opening a new chapter post-Terrance West.
- Coach Rob Ambrose is excited about safety Jordan Mynatt, says The Baltimore Sun.
Elon at Duke, 6 p.m. (ESPN3)
- The Pendulum notes that different vibes are in the air as Elon prepares to play Duke.
- The Times-News asks if Elon’s new elements can give Duke problems.
- Elon DB Miles Williams has recovered well from hip surgery, writes The Times-News.
- Elon’s fifth-year seniors are excited about coach Rich Skrosky’s return, says The Times-News.
- The Pendulum writes that talented linebackers are the backbone of Elon’s defense.
- Rich Skrosky and Elon are trying to mirror David Cutcliffe’s success at Duke, says The Chronicle.
New Hampshire at Toledo, 7 p.m. (ESPN3)
- CB Casey DeAndrade will be a key for the UNH defense, writes Foster’s Daily Democrat.
- Wildcat coach Sean McDonnell bleeds blue, according to Foster’s Daily Democrat.
- Seacoast Online notes that McDonnell does more with less at UNH.
- The Wildcats’ defense is still a work in progress, says Foster’s Daily Democrat.
- UNH is ready to carry big expectations, notes Seacoast Online.
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- National Signing Day Central
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Finale
- Houston Named AFCA FCS National Coach Of The Year
- #1 JMU Leads Four CAAFB Teams In Final Polls
- JMU Captures FCS National Championship
- This Week In CAA Football - Countdown To Kickoff
- This Week In CAA Football - Frisco Media Day
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship