Jan 5, 2015, 11:16 AM EST
CHARLESTON, S.C. – CAA Football will have three representatives at Saturday’s Medal of Honor Bowl, an all-star game featuring standouts from all levels of college football.
New Hampshire wide receiver R.J. Harris will compete as a member of the American roster, while Richmond offensive lineman Austin Gund and William & Mary defensive tackle Jasper Coleman will play for the National roster.
College Football Hall of Fame member and longtime South Carolina St. coach Willie Jeffries will lead the American Team, while the National Team will play for former NFL and college head coach Chan Gailey.
Harris finished his career at New Hampshire as CAA Football’s all-time leader with 310 receptions, and ranks second in league history with 4,328 receiving yards. He totaled 100 catches for 1,551 yards and 15 touchdowns in 2014, helping lead the Wildcats to the FCS Championship semifinals.
Gund was the anchor of a Richmond offensive line that helped the Spiders rank third in CAA Football in total offense and fourth in scoring offense. UR reached the second round of the FCS playoffs this season.
Coleman tallied 33 tackles, 5.5 tackles-for-loss and a pair of sacks in 2014 for William & Mary, as the Tribe finished among the league’s top five in rushing defense and scoring defense.
The Medal of Honor Bowl kicks off at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday from Johnson Hagood Stadium in Charleston. The game will be televised nationally on NBCSN.
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Preview #1
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls