Jan 13, 2015, 11:58 AM EST
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – Three CAA Football players will be among those competing at Saturday’s East-West Shrine Game, an annual all-star contest featuring student-athletes primarily from the FBS level.
The game will kick off at 4 p.m. from Tropicana Field, and will be broadcast live on the NFL Network.
Representing CAA Football at the event will be William & Mary wide receiver Tre McBride, Towson cornerback Tye Smith and James Madison safety Dean Marlowe. All three will be competing for the East Team.
McBride, Smith and Marlowe were each members of the 2014 All-CAA Football First Team. In addition, Smith was selected to the Associated Press and The Sports Network All-America squads.
The East Team will be coached by Chicago Bears legend Mike Singletary, while the West will be led by former Redskins head coach Jim Zorn.
The Shine Game is regarded as one of the top opportunities for college prospects to impress NFL scouts prior to the draft process. A full list of participants can be found here.
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 11