Jan 26, 2015, 1:12 PM EDT
CAA Football will once again have a presence in the world’s biggest sporting event in 2015, as former Delaware defensive back Marcus Burley will compete in Super Bowl XLIX as a member of the Seattle Seahawks.
Burley was acquired by the Seahawks in training camp last August, and has made the most of his opportunity this year. In 13 regular-season games in 2014, Burley totaled 35 tackles, five passes defended, one sack and one interception for perhaps the league’s most vaunted defense.
The former Blue Hens standout started 31 games in his career at UD, and was an All-CAA Football selection as a junior.
As this December feature from the Delaware New Journal details, Burley was an afterthought among NFL scouts until an eye-opening performance at his UD pro day. He went undrafted in 2013, but signed as a free agent with the Jaguars for the 2013 season.
From undrafted free agent to Super Bowl champion in less than two years – Sunday could mark another milestone in Burley’s young but already impressive professional career.
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game