Jan 26, 2015, 1:12 PM EST
CAA Football will once again have a presence in the world’s biggest sporting event in 2015, as former Delaware defensive back Marcus Burley will compete in Super Bowl XLIX as a member of the Seattle Seahawks.
Burley was acquired by the Seahawks in training camp last August, and has made the most of his opportunity this year. In 13 regular-season games in 2014, Burley totaled 35 tackles, five passes defended, one sack and one interception for perhaps the league’s most vaunted defense.
The former Blue Hens standout started 31 games in his career at UD, and was an All-CAA Football selection as a junior.
As this December feature from the Delaware New Journal details, Burley was an afterthought among NFL scouts until an eye-opening performance at his UD pro day. He went undrafted in 2013, but signed as a free agent with the Jaguars for the 2013 season.
From undrafted free agent to Super Bowl champion in less than two years – Sunday could mark another milestone in Burley’s young but already impressive professional career.
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Dec. 11
- New Hampshire Falls At South Dakota State
- Ratke Kicks JMU Past Weber State, 31-28
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Quarterfinals
- JMU's Ankrah Among Final Three For Buchanan Award
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Dec. 4
- Defense Leads JMU, UNH Into FCS Quarterfinals
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Preview #2
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 27
- Stony Brook, UNH Advance In FCS Playoffs