Apr 29, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
Included in CAA Football’s decorated history is a consistently strong showing in the NFL Draft. With the 2015 draft set to get underway on Thursday night, we look how the league has fared.
106: CAA Football has had 106 student-athletes selected in the NFL Draft throughout league history, starting with New Hampshire’s Clayton Lane in 1948.
36: CAA Football has had at least two players selected in 36 different NFL Drafts, including last year when Towson’s Terrance West and Maine’s Kendall James heard their names called.
28: CAA Football has had a total of 28 players taken in the past 10 NFL Drafts.
18: The Baltimore Ravens’ selection of Delaware quarterback Joe Flacco as the 18th overall pick in the 2008 draft remains the highest of any CAA Football player in league history.
17: A total of 17 different NFL franchises have selected CAA Football players in the last 10 drafts.
16: New Hampshire’s 16 all-time draft selections are the most among current CAA Football members. Defensive tackle Jared Smith in 2013 is the Wildcats’ most recent pick.
9: CAA Football picks have represented nine different positions on the field in the last 10 NFL Drafts.
5: CAA Football had five players earn invitations to the 2015 NFL Scouting Combine – an event considered the top destination to evaluate talent. Those taking part were Delaware’s Nick Boyle, James Madison’s Dean Marlowe, William & Mary’s Tre McBride, and Towson’s Ryan Delaire and Tye Smith.
- Mack, Messer Added To National Award Watch Lists
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 8 Preview
- CAAFB Has Six Ranked Teams In Latest Top 25 Poll
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Oct. 16
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Oct. 16
- CAA Football Rewind - Oct. 14
- Getting Ready For College GameDay
- #CAAFB Going Deep: Like Father, Like Son
- #CAAFB Closeup - James Madison's Bryan Schor
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 7 Preview