Jul 30, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Former Stony Brook wide receiver Adrian Coxson recently chronicled his journey to the NFL in ‘The Players’ Tribune’ – the new first-person media venture for athletes founded by Derek Jeter.
In the article, Coxson recalls the difficulties of his upbringing, the loss of his father, his college football experience and, most recently, his efforts to catch on with the Green Bay Packers.
“Everyone’s road to the NFL is different. Some go in a straight line – shine at a D-I college, get drafted, show out in training camp and make the team – and some zig-zag their way to into an opportunity.”
To read Coxson’s piece, click here to access The Players’ Tribune.
- #CAAFB Media Day Live Rewind
- JMU Picked To Capture 2017 CAA Football Title
- Football Media Day Set For Tuesday
- CAA Football Media Day To Kick Off 2017 Season
- Four CAAFB Players Named Preseason All-Americans
- CAA Football Announces 2017 Schedule
- Five CAAFB Teams Ranked In Athlon Preseason Poll
- VU's Kpassagnon, Seaton Chosen In NFL Draft
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team