Jul 30, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Former Stony Brook wide receiver Adrian Coxson recently chronicled his journey to the NFL in ‘The Players’ Tribune’ – the new first-person media venture for athletes founded by Derek Jeter.
In the article, Coxson recalls the difficulties of his upbringing, the loss of his father, his college football experience and, most recently, his efforts to catch on with the Green Bay Packers.
“Everyone’s road to the NFL is different. Some go in a straight line – shine at a D-I college, get drafted, show out in training camp and make the team – and some zig-zag their way to into an opportunity.”
To read Coxson’s piece, click here to access The Players’ Tribune.
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- National Signing Day Central
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Finale
- Houston Named AFCA FCS National Coach Of The Year
- #1 JMU Leads Four CAAFB Teams In Final Polls
- JMU Captures FCS National Championship
- This Week In CAA Football - Countdown To Kickoff
- This Week In CAA Football - Frisco Media Day
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship