Jul 30, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Former Stony Brook wide receiver Adrian Coxson recently chronicled his journey to the NFL in ‘The Players’ Tribune’ – the new first-person media venture for athletes founded by Derek Jeter.
In the article, Coxson recalls the difficulties of his upbringing, the loss of his father, his college football experience and, most recently, his efforts to catch on with the Green Bay Packers.
“Everyone’s road to the NFL is different. Some go in a straight line – shine at a D-I college, get drafted, show out in training camp and make the team – and some zig-zag their way to into an opportunity.”
To read Coxson’s piece, click here to access The Players’ Tribune.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls