Jul 30, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Former Stony Brook wide receiver Adrian Coxson recently chronicled his journey to the NFL in ‘The Players’ Tribune’ – the new first-person media venture for athletes founded by Derek Jeter.
In the article, Coxson recalls the difficulties of his upbringing, the loss of his father, his college football experience and, most recently, his efforts to catch on with the Green Bay Packers.
“Everyone’s road to the NFL is different. Some go in a straight line – shine at a D-I college, get drafted, show out in training camp and make the team – and some zig-zag their way to into an opportunity.”
To read Coxson’s piece, click here to access The Players’ Tribune.
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 23
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16