Jan 26, 2016, 11:03 AM EDT
CAA Football fans will recognize a pair of names when the Carolina Panthers take the field against the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50.
Former Towson defensive end Ryan Delaire and James Madison safety Dean Marlowe are members of the Panthers’ active roster. On the team’s most recent depth chart, Delaire was listed as the No. 2 right defensive end, while Marlowe was slotted as the No. 2 strong safety.
Delaire has seen action in 11 games during his rookie season for Carolina, posting a total of nine tackles and 2.5 sacks – including a pair of sacks in his first contest as a Panther on Oct. 4. Delaire started 27 games at Towson in 2013 and 2014 after transferring from UMass, earning All-CAA Football honors both years.
Marlowe – also a rookie – has appeared in four games for the Panthers this year. Over his career at James Madison, Marlowe started 48 of a possible 49 games, and made the All-CAA Football Team in each of his four seasons on campus.
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game