Jan 26, 2016, 11:03 AM EDT
CAA Football fans will recognize a pair of names when the Carolina Panthers take the field against the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50.
Former Towson defensive end Ryan Delaire and James Madison safety Dean Marlowe are members of the Panthers’ active roster. On the team’s most recent depth chart, Delaire was listed as the No. 2 right defensive end, while Marlowe was slotted as the No. 2 strong safety.
Delaire has seen action in 11 games during his rookie season for Carolina, posting a total of nine tackles and 2.5 sacks – including a pair of sacks in his first contest as a Panther on Oct. 4. Delaire started 27 games at Towson in 2013 and 2014 after transferring from UMass, earning All-CAA Football honors both years.
Marlowe – also a rookie – has appeared in four games for the Panthers this year. Over his career at James Madison, Marlowe started 48 of a possible 49 games, and made the All-CAA Football Team in each of his four seasons on campus.
- Four CAAFB Players Named Preseason All-Americans
- CAA Football Announces 2017 Schedule
- Five CAAFB Teams Ranked In Athlon Preseason Poll
- VU's Kpassagnon, Seaton Chosen In NFL Draft
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- National Signing Day Central
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Finale
- Houston Named AFCA FCS National Coach Of The Year
- #1 JMU Leads Four CAAFB Teams In Final Polls