Jan 26, 2016, 11:03 AM EST
CAA Football fans will recognize a pair of names when the Carolina Panthers take the field against the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50.
Former Towson defensive end Ryan Delaire and James Madison safety Dean Marlowe are members of the Panthers’ active roster. On the team’s most recent depth chart, Delaire was listed as the No. 2 right defensive end, while Marlowe was slotted as the No. 2 strong safety.
Delaire has seen action in 11 games during his rookie season for Carolina, posting a total of nine tackles and 2.5 sacks – including a pair of sacks in his first contest as a Panther on Oct. 4. Delaire started 27 games at Towson in 2013 and 2014 after transferring from UMass, earning All-CAA Football honors both years.
Marlowe – also a rookie – has appeared in four games for the Panthers this year. Over his career at James Madison, Marlowe started 48 of a possible 49 games, and made the All-CAA Football Team in each of his four seasons on campus.
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Semifinal Preview
- CAA Football Has Eight Players Chosen As Associated Press All-Americans
- Four CAA Football Players Selected To Academic All-America Team
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Dec. 10
- Stony Brook's Infantino Honored With Doris Robinson Scholar-Athlete Award
- Maine Advances To FCS Semifinals With 23-18 Victory At Weber State
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Quarterfinal Preview
- Maconaghy Announces Retirement As CAA Football Coordinator Of Officiating
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Dec. 3
- CAA Football Rewind - Dec. 1